Wednesday, March 01, 2017

GIU - Growing In Unity Gal Wednesday

I am featuring stamps from Unity Stamp Company on this blog each day this week.
 
Back to my typical CAS style today! This card features stamps from the "Simply Magical" KOM from 11/09.
     
     
The moment I saw this typewriter patterned paper from Doodlebug's Flea Market line, I knew immediately that I'd be making at least one project with this pair of Unity stamps.
  
It's been a long time since I've used a typewriter. I remember we that had an IBM Selectric II at home for a long while, but it's been at least 20 years. How long has it been since you've used a typewriter?  And how about those rooms full of typewriters in high school? I'll have to find my yearbook to remember the typing teacher's name. She'd call out "K I K space K I K space" and we'd all try not to peek at our fingers while we typed in unison. I never in a million years would have thought I'd be touch-typing as quickly as I do now.
  
Thanks so much for visiting today. See you tomorrow. Happy Stamping!
  

6 comments:

ionabunny said...

Hi Kim, I used a typewriter about two weeks ago. Easier than firing up a printer and useful in a power cut. Love your bright and happy card. Hugz

Janis said...

Ha....typing class!! I never was all that great at it, but you sure did bring back memories!! Now kids are BORN "typing" on their touchpads and devices, if you can call that typing. lol.. I can't remember the last time I used an actual typewriter. Funny how such an absolute staple of any business office for decades is completely gone now. Well, I am glad for the FULL-size keyboard on my laptop and very grateful for the magical backspace key!! :)

Love your wonderful typewriter card with the pretty colors and that absolutely PERFECT paper!! So much fun!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow,thanks for the flashback to my typing class in high school. My children learned to keyboard in kindergarten! The card is fantastic, I love the way you use the colors.
Happy Humpday!

Lindarose said...

Many years ago, I got rid of my typewriter. These days I wish I had it again. Sweet memory card! I really like your subject and the colors you chose.I also like that this is a gender neutral card.

Jennifer said...

So many memories of typing class! Love the card, wish I still typed as fast as I did in 8th grade.

Jennifer Scull said...

I loved my typing class in high school! It was a huge deal any time the power went out though. Ha! Sure wish I still had my college typewriter. I miss the fun of it. Sure helped with extra spending money, too, as I typed papers for everyone.

Your card is as cute as can be! The paper is perfect!