Thursday, May 29, 2008

Trifecta of Tidbits

I'm having a terrific stamping day today, and I didn't even stamp yet. It's nearly 11pm here, though, so squeezing in a little stampin' time before the clock strikes twelve is unlikely. Here's what made the day so great...

(1) Right at the crack of 10am, I was on the phone to the nicest lady at Susie Paperie in Hailey, Idaho. On my short list of stamper-stars to meet is Dave Brethauer from Memory Box. His coloring techniques are amazing, as are his card constructions. Very simple, tight, and impactful. Love them. So I got an autographed copy of his book, Card Design, when in Spokane and have devoured it with fervor. Long story short, he's coming to Idaho and my BFF and I are in seats #1 and #2. Can. Not. Wait.

Then the next two happened just within the last 15 minutes or so while I was blurfing.

(2) Kim Hughes {I *singsong* love her stuff!} posted on her blog the names of the winners for her Memorial Day challenge. And whose name is on the top? Mine. She's sending me America the Beautiful, one of her rockin' stamp sets. Now I just need to take some anxiety medication and try to figure out how to make a thank-you card for her. Seriously, it's like making a painting for Michelangelo.

(3) CHF is having a Kim Hughes Blitz and it's kicking off on Wednesday night, June 5th. Oooh, and in conjunction with the blitz is the release of more of her stamps. Maybe more than I can handle.

Happy Stamping! Hope your day rocked!

4 comments:

Lila H said...

YEA!!!! More CHF-Kim Hughes rubba!!! and free - what more can a girl ask for? As for that road trip - a huge sing song "love ya" and big THANKS for making our reservations for Dave's class..... see you soon? like we need some rubba time next week....

Christina said...

Congrats Kim!! I saw your name on Kim Hughes blog yesterday, and I was like...Wow, I know her!! (and maybe she'll let me borrow it - hint, hint LOL)

Lori Renn said...

OMG, how cool!! Congratulations. I love Kim's stamps!

Anonymous said...

OMG.....CONGRATS!!!!! Missy Kim!!!!
(bowing and saluting)....oh Great Stamper that you are......I think that ROCKS that you did such a great job.....but I knew you would...(wink)
I love it!
Coming to town this coming week....maybe Thursday or Friday for quite a visit....:o) Yeee Haaa...as they say here in "Duttonville"...LOL
Hope to see you girlfriend!
Love and big Congrat Huggers....
Janner